This is my last blog of 2016! I cannot believe how fast this year has flown by. I’ve been hearing people say that this has been the worst year ever, but I don’t see it like that. Sure, some bad things have happened but for the most part it has been a really amazing year. Some highlights were:
- I started seeing the most amazing psychiatrist ever in January. I don’t think that a lot of people would list this as one of their highlights of the year but he has helped me so much and is just super amazing.
- Moebius Syndrome Awareness Day was January 24. I was featured in the University of Calgary student newspaper and also on Global Calgary.
- My oldest sister got married in April.
- I was featured in Chatelaine magazine in May. What an amazing experience that was.
- I started my summer internship at Global Calgary in May. This internship was definitely the highlight of my year. Such a wonderful experience with truly amazing people.
- I attended the Moebius syndrome conference in July and that was the other huge highlight of my year. It was so amazing to see my Moebius family again.
- I started my final year of university in September. I will have my degree in 2017.
- I saw Florida Georgia Line with my sister and brother in law in November
- Spent Christmas in California with my sisters, brothers in law and dad. It was so great to see my older sister and her husband who flew in from the UK. I am now spending New Years Eve in Las Vegas!
All in all, it has been a great year. Some awful things did happen such as losing my Granny in November. That was one of the most awful times of my life because I was really close to her and I miss her every single day.
What were some highlights of 2016 for you guys? Comment and let me know!
Here’s to an amazing 2017! Be safe and have fun ringing in the new year tonight!